Do you want to know more about mental health and learn how to support yourself and others?
Do you want to have more awareness of how to spot early signs of mental ill health?
Do you want to gain more knowledge on mental health conditions and supports?
Do you want to help break the stigma around mental health?
Then the Mental Health First Aid England (MHFA) courses are for you.
MHFA Awareness (half day course - online or face-to-face)
In this short course you will gain an awareness about mental health and stress management. You will learn:
* what is mental health
* how to challenge stigma
* about common mental health issues
* managing stress
* your mental health and wellbeing
Usually priced at £125pp I have subsidised places for £69pp
MHFA Mental Health First Aid (Two day face-to-face or 4 x 2 hour online sessions)
This is a more advanced educational course that teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may have a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health. It is not about developing mental health practitioners, but simply offering an approach to actively support individuals at home, in the workplace or in other organisations.
This is the Adult MHFA course which qualifies attendees to be Mental Health First Aiders.
Over the course you will:
* Learn about many different mental health conditions including anxiety, depression, bipolar and schizophrenia and the impact these can have on someone living with these conditions
* Learn how to help someone living with mental ill health
* Understand how to promote good mental wellbeing in yourself and others
* Develop the practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
* Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
* Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
* Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
All candidates will receive an extensive manual for reference, workbook, action plan and a certificate of completion.
Workshops and courses will be delivered within a safe, confidential, respectful and non-judgemental environment and are delivered by a fully accredited MHFA England instructor.
This training is ONLY available in England
Please note - this course is now available with online delivery across 4 live online training sessions and 4 home study sessions.
Usually priced at £300pp I have subsidised places for £175pp
... yet we're often afraid to talk about it. I want to start and host the open conversations about mental health and other taboo subjects.
With 1 in 4 people reported to be experiencing mental ill health at any time in the UK, there has never been more of a need for increased mental health awareness.